"In light of the growing international disunity and the extreme challenges facing the world, such as the threat of international terrorism to our common cultural heritage, increasing inequality, including in the field of information, and the alarming rate of youth radicalisation, we need UNESCO, more than ever, to fulfil its noble mission, that is, to construct the defences of peace in the minds of men and women."
The 40th session of the UNESCO General Conference opened in Paris on November 12. The Russian delegation is led by Minister of Science and Higher Education Mikhail Kotyukov. He will speak during the general political discussion and take part in a high-level meeting on inclusion and mobility in higher education.
Remarks by the Head of the Delegation of the Russian Federation to UNESCO and Permanent Delegate of the Russian Federation to UNESCO Alexander Kuznetsov at the 207th Session of the UNESCO Executive Board
"The mandate of UNESCO, an organisation whose official goal is to strengthen the intellectual and moral solidarity of humankind, remains unprecedentedly popular. UNESCO can and should contribute to overcoming the international community’s disunity."
Also in the topic:
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s remarks at a gala meeting of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO, Moscow, April 29, 2019
- Meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin with UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
- On the opening ceremony of the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements-2019
- On the opening of the International Year of Indigenous Languages at UNESCO
- The Periodic Table of Chemical Elements: a window on the universe
- Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Maria Zakharova on Safety of Journalists, December 19, 2018.