The General Conference of UNESCO appointed Audrey Azoulay (France) to the post of Director-General of the Organization. Ms Azoulay was nominated on 13 October to take the place of outgoing Director-General Irina Bokova (Bulgaria) by UNESCO’s Executive Board.
"We are confident that despite all the current difficulties, our organisation is still capable of working effectively to strengthen trust and mutual understanding between countries and peoples, promote the dialogue of cultures and faiths, and defend cultural diversity and eternal moral values."
Also in the topic:
- UNESCO Member States set to approve programme, budget and appoint the new Director-General
- Permanent Delegate of the Russian Federation to UNESCO Alexander Kuznetsov’s remarks at the plenary meeting of the 201st session of the UNESCO Executive Board
- Russian singer Zara receives UNESCO Artist for Peace title
- Ufa included in UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities
- Petrozavodsk University to open wooden architecture preservation department
- Yakutia’s delegation visits UNESCO’s headquarters