Irina Bokova: "I welcome the liberation of the Palmyra archeological site, martyr city inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list, which carries the memory of the Syrian people, and the values of cultural diversity, tolerance and openness that have made this region a cradle of civilization."
Also in the topic:
- Call for Entries: 2016 Andrei Stenin Photo Contest is now open
- “The United Nations Turns 70”
- The International Conference on Education for Sustainable Development.
- International conference “Role of UNESCO in the Modern World” takes place in Paris
- Russia Today awards winners of Andrei Stenin Photo Contest
- Russian Jewish community to cooperate with UNESCO