Becoming traditional, International Youth Ecological Forum was held in Khanty-Mansiysk from 21 to 25 May, 2013. This year the Forum was named “One planet – one future!”. The forum brought together 110 participants of VI International Conference of UNESCO Associated schools “Ob-Irtysh Basin: the Youth Study and Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Regions of World Great Rivers” and IX Youth Ecological Forum “Let’s Preserve the Blossoming World of Ugra” from Bulgaria, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Montenegro, Finland, Ukraine and Russia. The Russian Federation was presented by the delegations from Moscow, Omsk, Tomsk, the Republic of Bashkortostan and Udmurtia. 13 delegations gathered from the territories of Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous district – Yugra – this is delegations from Khanty-Mansiysk, Nizhnevartovsk, Kogalym, Nyagan, Sovetskiy, Pyt-Yakh, Langepas, Megion (Visokiy village), Pokachi, Poikovckiy, Lyantor and Saigatina, Izluchinsk.
Organizers of the forum were Department of ecology and Department of Public Relations of Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous district – Yugra. Program activities were in charge of the team of coaches of Regional Youth Social Ecological Movement “Third Planet from the Sun” (Pokachi). Representatives of Volunteer Centre of the Ugra State University helped in carrying out activities.
UNESCO experts were:
- Natalia Larionova – executive director of the project “UNESCO Associated Schools” in the Russian Federation (Kazan);
- Eugeniy Veselovskiy – member of Altai State Nature Biosphere Reserve, member of Russian Geographical Community, expert of the UNESCO program “Information for Everyone”, coordinator of the program of Teletsk school of youth eco-tourism “Lake Keepers” (The Republic of Altai).
The program of International Youth Ecological Forum “One Planet – One Future!” was full of innovations and has been developed in order to give teenagers the opportunity to get a sense of the global process of sustainable development. The activities were focused on the development of collective ecological consciousness opposed to individual one.
All participants of the forum were divided into 5 forum-teams, which worked periodically throughout the event on their own programs:
- PR-managers were responsible for preparing the news, covering the forum events, video recording, editing of daily forum Diary, and preparing the newspaper following the forum results.
- Creative-managers were responsible for collecting ideas, new forms of activities, suggestions for social projects, campaigns, emblems, ecological slogans, calls, mottos and etc.
- Art-managers participated in a creative workshop, in preparation and holding of cultural and leisure forum programs.
- Leading-managers developed their own projects on the subject of the forum, their representation and participation in debates, formed their own teams for participation in Simulation-roleplaying game “Global Issue”.
- Councillors, heads of forum delegations participated in self-presentation, discussion of the problems of ecological education and in the work of round-tables.
Throughout the forum was held Simulation-roleplaying game “Global Issue”, which included political, economical and socio-ecological blocks. Teenagers’ game activity was aimed at finding methods of state functioning and interstate cooperation.
The point of the political block of the game “Global Issue” was to select government of virtual countries, to develop their own electoral programs, their argumentation and participation in debates. On the basis of these activities, residents of the countries chose a team headed by one of the politicians.
The economical block included teenagers activity in developing economical strategies of virtual countries, cooperation with the other countries in this field, stock-exchange trading recourses and goods, employment providing for their country population.
In socio-ecological block teenagers developed and presented their own socio-ecological projects taking into account political and economical conditions, defined main social and ecological problems, suggested solutions of these problems.
6 experts inspected all teenagers’ actions in each block; they daily put marks and ratings of the virtual countries.
Every day of the International Youth Ecological Forum “One Planet – One Future” was devoted to a particular subject.
- Ecological projects “Chance: garbage” and “Dialogue with water” in the framework of the network innovative culturological project “Young people in the dialogue”
- The project «Development of the method of water purification of Izhevsky pond»
- Report on the implementation of the schedule of works for the measure «Public initiative in the protection of water resources»
- INCREASING OF ADAPTIVE CAPACITY OF PLANTS USING MICROBIOLOGICAL PREPARATION «TURMAX»
- Snow is an indicator of the ecological state of the environment