Dialogue of cultures as the basis for integration of main and additional education
Moral and spiritual development of the schoolchildren takes a leading place in formation of comprehensively developed personality. It is necessary for the education of the younger generation in a multicultural society.
For development of spiritual culture of schoolchildren as part of general culture of harmoniously developed personality, educational center «Interlingua» developed the program of innovative activity on the issue of «Integration of main and additional education on the basis of the dialogue of cultures».
The objectives of this work are:
- An analysis of the adequacy of the existing content and forms of educational work in educational institutions to the needs and challenges of the new cultural paradigm of education, revealing the ways of their improvement.
- Creation and introduction in educational process of new elements of the content of educational work «Calendar of UNESCO».
- Organization of network interaction of educational institutions - participants of the practice.
- Professional development of teaching staff through the use of modern educational technologies.
The relevance of the project. Every person is under the influence of many cultures and the formation of spiritual and moral values takes place in a situation of constant searching, sharing and selection. A person with multicultural consciousness better understands the representatives of other cultures, is tolerant towards other people in various circumstances and is easy to adapt in the society.
Spiritual culture can be represented mainly through language that defines the thoughts and consciousness. Therefore, one of the most effective ways of formation of the spiritual culture consists in the inclusion of special educational elements in the disciplines of humanitarian cycle, particularly, in the process of learning a foreign language.
Today the society considers school as the open educational system having "vertical" and "horizontal" communications with surrounding community. This practice is aimed at the addition of the potentials of main and additional education as one of the effective strategies of interaction of the system of secondary education for the formation of the spiritual culture of schoolchildren.
The theoretical basis of the project is the dialogue of cultures – the activity, the subject of which are the facts of culture; product is the interpretation of the facts of culture; purpose is the achievement of mutual understanding; tool is foreign-language education.
Dialogue of cultures helps to understand better the native culture, the culture of other people, promotes the formation of the culture of international communication. Using the dialog education it is possible to create the most favorable conditions for the realization of individual style of behaviour of pupils and their personal growth.
The practical realization of integration is the «Calendar of UNESCO» - an innovative system of out-of-school educational activities, which are based on international days, commemorative dates, thematic years UNESCO.
Project realization is carried out according to tasks in 4 directions.
- analysis of the regulatory framework;
- analysis of the adequacy of the existing content and forms of educational work in educational institutions to the needs and challenges of the new cultural paradigm of education, identifying the ways of their modernization (a survey of teachers, schoolchildren, parents, psychological-pedagogical diagnostics).
- development and introduction in educational process of the system of out-of-school actions the "Calendar of UNESCO" in four areas of activity:
- Increasing knowledge about the world and the role of the United Nations - the protection of the environment human development;
- education for sustainable development;
- world and human rights;
- cross-cultural education.
- development of an educational resource «My City is My Pride», devoted to the cultural sights and the famous personalities of Voronezh (in English). Textbook «My city - my pride» is designed to teach schoolchildren of 6-11 classes to ability to tell a foreigner about their city, to ability to lead excursion, to ability to translate into English the tourist information.
- organization of network interaction of educational institutions in the form of innovative educational projects.
- improvement of professional skill of teaching staff during constantly operating seminar «Modern educational technologies and experience of the international youth projects»;
- interaction of institutions of main and additional education of schoolchildren on realization of international educational projects helps to create a single innovative educational environment that integrates into the European educational space, and facilitates the cooperation of pupils, teachers and parents to ensure the quality of education as an important factor in its basic aspects - substantive, administrative, communicative, psychological, socio-cultural.
Intermediate monitoring of innovative activity showed a great interest of teachers and schoolchildren in this work, as well as positive dynamics of participants in the program the «Calendar of UNESCO»:
a) the engagement of educational institutions:
2011 - 12 schools
2012 - 21 schools (an increase of 1.7 times)
b) the involvement of schoolchildren:
2011 - 125 persons
2012 - more than 300 people (an increase of 2.4 times)
c) the involvement of teachers
2011 - 16 people
2012 - 35 people (an increase of 2.2 times)
For the period 2013/2014 year we set the following objectives:
1) to conduct a survey in the participating institutions of innovative platform for identifying the interests of pupils, the initial level of formation of their moral values, and the desire to participate in project activities. Teacher profile offers to answer questions about preferred forms of mutual cooperation and contribution that teacher can do to solve common problems;
2) to adjust the plan of activities for 2013/2014 academic year on the basis of the survey results;
3) to develop a program of theoretical seminars for teacher training and schedule of open educational activities of the program "Calendar of UNESCO";
4) to continue active cooperation with the participating institutions of the "Calendar of UNESCO" in Russia, to hold one event on the annual plan;
5) to extend the work to establish partnerships with educational and cultural institutions for children and young people abroad (Bulgaria, the U.S., Britain, China, Denmark, Germany