on carrying out of the VIII International conference of the associated schools of UNESCO "The Ob-Irtysh basin: youth studies and preserves natural and cultural heritage in regions of the great rivers of the world"
Traditional international youth ecological forum: "One planet – one Future" was held in Khanty-Mansiysk from 20th to 24th May, 2015, it united two events:
– the VIII International conference of UNESCO associated schools: "Ob-Irtysh river basin: the youth studying and preserving natural and cultural heritage in the regions of the great rivers of the world" (hereinafter– Conference);
– XI Youth ecological forum "Preserve Ugra's blooming world" (hereinafter– Forum).
Forum subject - "Water for life" in connection with completion of the International decade of actions "Water for life" in 2015, proclaimed by General Assembly of the United Nations.
Objectives of Conference:
- involvement of youth into finding solutions to the issues of preservation of natural and cultural heritage in the regions;
- providing support to the youth involved in socially beneficial activities;
- encouraging the most active representatives of the environmental movement;
- learning the experience and practices of district (okrug), regional and international environmental youth environmental protection organizations and associations.
Founders of Conference:
– Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO;
– Government of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra.
Organizers of Conference:
– Service on Control and Supervision in the Field of Environmental Protection, wildlife resources and forest relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous Okrug - Ugra;
– The Department of public and foreign relations of the Khanty Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra.
110 participants from 11 countries of the world took part in Conference: Bulgaria, Slovak Republic, Finland, Slovenia, Greece, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Moldova, Russia. At Conference Russia was presented by 7 regions of the Russian Federation: Samara oblast, Irkutsk oblast, Republic of Bashkortostan, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra, Moscow, Tomsk oblast, Voronezh oblast.
The Jury UNESCO experts:
- Sergey D. Galaktionov is senior Advisor of Department of international organizations of Ministry of foreign Affairs of Russia (Moscow);
- Natalia B. Larionova is Executive Director of the project: “UNESCO Associated schools” in the Russian Federation (Kazan);
- Jeanne A. Balonishnikova is scientific Secretary of the Federal state budget institution: “State hydrological institute”, head of Department of problems of water consumption and water availability (Saint-Petersburg).
The program of the Forum included the following events:
- Plenary session International Conference of UNESCO associated schools;
- Competition of socially valuable environmental projects;
- Project fair “Rainbow of ideas”;
- the imitating and role strategic game "Water Balance" which purpose is acquaintance of participants to provisions of a forum for formation of the team of adherents capable strategically to think and make command and individual decisions;
- A quest "The cloudy atlas" (a treasure hunt game with tasks to indicate networking, leadership quality and team building skills and abilities);
- a round table "Sea harbor" for heads of delegations;
- game on unity of the Heavy rain team;
- “Rainman” aqua-outing;
- the Sporting event “Guests of Chernomor” at USU’s swimming pool;
- Under an Umbrella entertainment program;
- work of 4 guilds:
• Keepers of the earth – information technologies
• Knights of the air – creative ideas
• Spirits of the fire – creative embodiments
• Acolytes of the water – design decisions (preparation and presentation of the projects according to scope of the Forum).
Rewarding of five winners in each of five nominations took place following the results of action during the closing ceremony of the Forum:
– "The best reports presentations of the associated schools of UNESCO" (winners – pupils of the associated schools of Slovenia, Azerbaijan, the Samara, Voronezh oblasts, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug);
– "The best projects of presentation of competition of socially important ecological projects" (winners – representatives of municipalities of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra);
– "The best practical decision" (winners – pupils of the associated schools of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, the Samara oblast¸ the city of Moscow, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra);
– "The leader in team" (winners – pupils of the associated schools of Armenia, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra);
– "The active participant of the Forum" (winners – pupils of the associated schools of Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Bashkortostan, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra)
Besides, organizers of action founded special prizes:
– in the nomination "For a creativeness of presentation of the project" pupils of the associated schools of UNESCO from Greece, Hungary were recognized as winners;
– in the nomination "For creative approach according to events of the Forum" young ecologists of "Constellation" school from town of Sovetskiy, were recognized as winners;
– in the nomination "For assistance in the organization and holding the Forum" young ecologists of the Gymnasium the Intellectual from Uraj, School No. 2 from Khanty-Mansiysk, Regional youth public ecological movement "Third planet from the Sun" from Pokachi were recognized as winners;
– in the nomination "For a personal contribution to formation of ecological culture of youth" pupils of The center of children's creativity from Nizhnevartovsk were recognized as winners.
– to focus attention of youth on problems of preservation of natural and cultural heritage of regions;
– to give youth opportunities for the joint solution of problems of preservation of natural and cultural heritage of regions;
– to provide support and recognition to the youth who are carrying out socially useful ecological activity;
– to study experience of interregional and international youth ecological associations.
Following the results of action:
1. Participants of the Forum prepared the address to residents and guests of Ugra on protection of the Planet Earth and transferred it to the participants a bike rock festival "Awakening";
2. Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO stated intention about continuation of implementation of this project in 2016 - 2017 in Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra.